Self Storage Events and Auctions in Defuniak Springs
Upcoming Events (Click event to expand details)
January 23: Storage Ideas
- 01/23/2018 at 1:01 pm
- 07/30/2018 at 1:01 pm
- GREAT IDEAS FOR STORING CLOTHES
By Self Storage
Hesitant about storing clothing? It doesn’t have to be scary! Cleaning out your closet, whether for season changes or moving, doesn’t mean you to have get rid of your clothing. Storage can be an extension of your closet. Here are some tips for protecting your clothing in storage.
1. Store clothes in an airtight container or bin. Throw in some cedar wood blocks or lavender to keep moths and insects away from snacking on your clothes.
2. Do not hang knit items. They can be misshaped and stretched beyond repair. Store knit items by folding them.
3. If storing socks, do not keep them rolled. This will lose the elasticity. Instead, store them by the laying them flat then folding them in half.
4. Keep clothes organized for easier transition. Store by type of clothes or by season and label your containers. This makes it easier to sort your clothes quickly.
5. Wardrobe boxes make storing clothes on hangers easy. Some clothes are better stored on hangers and these boxes make it efficient to store, while protecting your belongings.
This article published by Self Storage provides a basic list of tips on storing clothes. In addition to these tips, we would suggest using temperature-controlled storage, and, checking on your items stored regularly. American Self Storage has an inventory of packing, moving, and storage supplies which does include wardrobe boxes (hanging bar included). What better, or, easier way to store hanging clothes? American Self Storage is here to help. Call us at (850)892-6170
May 21: decluttering
- 05/21/2018 at 12:52 pm
- 07/21/2018 at 12:00 pm
- american self storage 2